About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Reflections: Prophet and Apostles

This weekend we have had the opportunity to hear from God's prophet and apostles. I testify that just as in days of old when God called prophets and apostles to be witnesses of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that He continues to call them today to be special witnesses of Christ. Please click here to hear the witnesses of our modern day prophet and apostles of Christ and here to listen to their messages from this weekend and other leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  The Spirit has testified to me of the truthfulness of their words.  The Spirit also testifies to me that these men are indeed called of God to be His witnesses in these latter days.  God has promised that thru the Holy Ghost we may know the truth of all things. I invite all my friends and family to listen to the words of the prophet and apostles and pray and ask God for yourselves to know the truthfulness of these men as His witnesses and know of the truthfulness of the things in which they speak.  If you are sincere, and ask in faith, doubting nothing, God will answer your prayers.
James 1:5 --
 "5 aIf any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that cgiveth to all men liberally, and dupbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 But let him aask in bfaith, nothing cwavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

There were so many of the words spoken in these last two days that spoke to my heart.  There are many things that I need to improve upon.  Their words offered hope and comfort to me as well.  I'm so grateful that God has given us these men to lead and guide us and help us know the truths of the gospel of Christ. 



Perhaps in the next few weeks I will take a talk given by these great men and talk about how they inspire and help me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your testimony Sharee. Conference was so great and I'm always sad a little when it ends. I too, know they are men of God and speak the truth. Love you guys...tell Kary and Colton hello from us!

    ReplyDelete