About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Reflections: Eternal Marriage


Today is our 7th Anniversary! We feel so blessed that we are able to celebrate this day together! Every day together is a blessing. Seven years ago we were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. This was a special place and event for us because we were not married until "death do us part", but we were sealed together for time and all eternity by one with the authority from God to seal on earth and in Heaven.

Knowing we will be together not only in this life but the next also brings me much comfort and peace.  Kary is my best friend.  There is no other person that I would rather be with or spend time with.  We were kidding around tonight and I was like, "I hope you like me because you are stuck with me forever."  Kary said, "I more than like you.  I love you."   Tonight Kary told me that he wishes he could do more for me right now and can't and it makes him feel bad.  I told him that the only thing that matters to me is being with him.  I don't care about flowers and gifts and fine dining.  He said, "Yeah, but you deserve so much more."  He's so sweet to me.  I know he loves me and I'm so grateful for him and the love and support he gives me on a daily basis.  He prays for me every day to not feel overwhelmed with all that I have to do.  Knowing that he prays for me strengthens me each day.  He is also always reminding me to do things because he knows I have so much on my mind that I easily forget.  He knows me.  He understands me.  He is patient with me.  He is forgiving of me.  I'm the luckiest girl in the world. 

I am so glad that God has a plan for husbands and wives to be married not for just time but for eternity. God does not wish for us to part at death and no longer continue one of our most important relationships.  How sad I would be if I could not have our relationship last after this life.  I almost lost Kary in death.  It would have hurt me terribly to be parted from him.   I know that someday death may seperate us for time, but how comforting it is to me that we can continue our relationship in the next life if we keep the covenants that we made in the temple that day seven years ago. 
I look forward to spending this life and eternity with Kary.  

Click here to find out more about what our church teaches about eternal marriage.

1 comment:

  1. You two are such a sweet and cute couple! I love your wedding picture! I am grateful for eternal marriage too

    ReplyDelete