About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Reflection

I have been trying to come up with something to write about today and my mind is blank.  Maybe as I type something will come to me.  Today was Fast and Testimony meeting in church.  This is a day the members of our church go without food for 2 meals and then give the money they would spend for those meals to the church for the poor and the needy. Our Sacrament meeting that day is a time when members of the church are able to get up and share the testimonies they have of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Anyway, I felt the Spirit so strong in the meeting today.  It was so sweet to listen to the heartfelt messages that were shared today.  It is so great to share our testimonies with each other as it edifies and lifts us and helps us want to do better. I woke up in kind of a sour mood this morning so it was great to go to church and feel the Spirit and have my spirit fed.

***************************************************************************
Every year the women of our church hear messages from the leaders of the church that are specifically for us.  One message stood out to me as I listened tonight.  It was such an uplifting and inspiring message.  I want to share it with all the women I know.  I want them to be uplifted as I was.  Here is the message you can watch if you would like. President Uchtdorf is an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.




I absolutely loved his metaphor.  I suddenly want to fill my home with sweet little Forget Me Nots as a reminder to me of these wonderful things.   Something that really stood out to me was to not forget to be happy now.  Don't wait for our Golden Ticket to be happy.  Sometimes, in our situation,  I find myself wishing and hoping for our Golden Ticket that Kary will be able to see and walk and do things he used to do and for him to be able to start working again.  I find myself wishing that day would come sooner than later. I realized today that I need to be happy with where we are and enjoy what we DO have. I am happy but I don't think I have really appreciated the little things.  When Kary was working I always wished that he could just stay at home and be with us.  Well, what a blessing it is to have Kary home with us and share each moment of our day.  Not many Dads get to experience that. We have 2 beautiful children who are healthy and happy.  We have a home and food to eat.  We have wonderful friends and family surrounding us.  Our life IS beautiful.  We are truly blessed.  Our Father in Heaven has not forgotten us.  He loves us and I know His hand is in our lives and I'm truly grateful that we can depend on Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment