About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Daily Scripture

My family and I are currently studying the New Testament and I am personally studying the Book of Mormon. I'm going to post a scripture each day or two that stands out to me in my reading. Tonight I just happened to open to Revelations. Very fascinating book that I'm now excited to get to in our family study, yet a little fearful too because some of the stuff that happens in the end seems kind of scary. I did come upon this page by Bruce R. Mconkie that sums the book of Revelations up pretty well.  Very interesting!  Anyway, that's beside my point.  Here is something from my read in the Book of Mormon tonight: Mosiah 4: 41  These are the words of a righteous King named Benjamin unto the people of his kingdom before he leaves the earth and bestows his kingdom upon his son. He counsels them to serve their heavenly King,

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."  

I like this scripture because part of what motivates me to keep God's commandments is not only my love for God but I truly want to be able to experience never-ending happiness.  I don't think I can really comprehend what that means exactly but I want it.  I think of the times when I'm the most happy which is when I'm with my family and/or  Kary's family and we are having fun just being together.  It's always a let down when we all have to go home.  So a feeling of never ending happiness and never having to have that let down feeling is something I look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment