About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Service

I just have felt so grateful today for the wonderful people who have helped us since Kary's stroke. It is so humbling to think about how good people are and what great examples they are to me and my family of what it really means to love one another and to serve one another. Our neighbors are especially good to us. I don't know what we would do without them. We have complete strangers doing things for us at least on a monthly basis. This morning we had a couple of men from this great community cut our dead tree down and cut off some dead branches off another tree. We've had people bring us vegetables galore, we've had people bring us meals. We've had people lend machinery to fix our leaking pipe. I just really hope everyone knows how grateful we are. Words cannot express the gratitude we feel in our hearts for the love and service rendered to us on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment