About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunday Reflections: September 11, 2011

Each of us come to many crossroads in our lives.  One that I have been thinking about today is the crossroad that Kary and I had to come to as a result of Kary's stroke.  One road led us to bitterness and anger towards God for this experience. The second road led us to love God and trust in Him.  At the beginning I have to say that I stood at the crossroad for a bit and looked down each one and pondered where it would take me.  Granted I love God and have always tried to do what is right but I was hurt and did not understand why such a terrible thing would happen to such a great person as Kary.  I questioned my belief in God.  Yes, I did. Kary's stroke knocked me off my feet where I had stood and felt so sturdy; which was my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.   I had to come to a decision whether I would continue to believe in Him and worship Him or be angry and bitter and forget God and His commandments.  After all, I had tried and tried to keep the commandments yet He still allowed something so harsh and hard to happen to my family.  As I looked down that road of turning from God all I saw was sadness, sorrow, bitterness, anger, hopelessness, and despair.  As I looked down the road that leads to God I found a road full of help, hope, happiness, healing, and peace. I have had too many witnesses in my life of God and His goodness and mercy then to choose any other road.  God gives us so much strength. Strength beyond measure.  He has a plan for us and we will trust in it.  Kary has the hardest part of all. He has the pain to endure and the physical restraints.  Yet, he endures.  He trusts.  He loves God.  He has hope for healing.  He is given strength to endure it all.  I'm glad that Kary and I are on this road together.  Our Father's will be done.  We trust in Him to lead us, guide us, and walk beside us. He has, He does, and He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment