About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunday Reflections: August 14, 2011















 

Today was a great Sabbath day.  The topic in Sacrament Meeting was Faith.  I really liked how one speaker compared faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to light.  Light dispels all darkness.  If we put our faith and trust in Him, He will guide us through times of darkness in our lives. Whether it be sin, discouragement, loneliness, despair, disappointment, or feelings of inadequacy.  The light of Christ is stronger than any darkness we encounter in this life.  If we will just trust in Him and follow Him. Jesus said in John 8: 12 "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."


I also love lighthouses and collect them because they are also a reminder to me that when I may feel lost in the fog and in stormy waters that I must look for my one true source of light and I will find my way home.  How grateful I am for my knowledge of Jesus Christ.  I have faith in Him and know that He will lead me on.  I always come back to our situation with Kary.  Our lives were turned upside down.  Kary's stroke definitely threw us for a loop and was nothing we ever expected to happen. We are still kind of in the dark as far as what this all means for our family.  We are learning little by little to walk with faith amid the encircling gloom. One step is enough for us.  We will put our faith in Him and do our best to follow His light.  What peace that light brings us!


Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!







No comments:

Post a Comment