About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Prophets and Apostles

I recently watched the last episode of "The Bible" that aired on the History Channel. It was about the atonement, sacrifice, and resurrection of Christ and how the people rejected Him.    It also told the story of the apostle Paul and how he was called of God to be a witness of Christ.  I have always been amazed by that story.  Anyways, it has had me thinking about how since the beiginning of time God has called men as prophets to teach His gospel. (Amos 3:7) From Adam, to Noah, Moses, etc...Then of course, Christ came himself to teach the people and fulfill His purpose in God's plan.  He called apostles to help preach His gospel as well.  Also since the beginning of time men have misinterpreted God's words and corrupted God's laws.  Even though God called these prophets to teach His word and call men to repentance they were rejected by those who were supposedly believers of God and Christ.  Why would they reject those men who were called of God whom they confessed to believe in?  They even rejected Jesus Christ himself.  Why did they not recognize the Savior or why did they not recognize the men that had been called by God.  This is an answer I do not know and have often thought upon.  I do have an answer however of how they could have known for themselves if they had had the desire. We find the answer in James 1:5
"5 aIf any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that cgiveth to all men liberally, and dupbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him aask in bfaith, nothing cwavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."
 So we can ask God himself if we want to  know truth. Christ also taught the apostles that the Holy Ghost would be a witness to us of His teachings. John 14:26 
"26 But the aComforterwhich is the bHoly Ghost, whom the Father will send in mycname, he shall dteach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you"

God will let us know the truth of all things by the power of the Holy Ghost. Awesome! So how do we know when the Holy Ghost is witnessing to us? Galatians 5:22-23 

But the afruit of the bSpirit is clovedjoyepeaceflongsufferingggentleness, goodness, hfaith,
 23 aMeeknessbtemperance: against such there is no law." 
So if you are hearing or reading something about Christ or about His gospel, the Holy Ghost will let you know if it is right. For me I always get a feeling of peace when I recieive a witness from the Holy Ghost.  It is hard to describe but I just feel good inside and know that it is right in my heart.

It is my testimony that we have prophets and apostles in our day just as in days of old.  We have the opportunity to hear them speak this weekend.  I invite all of my friends and family to listen to their words and ask God in faith if they are true and if they are indeed called of Him to teach His gospel.  I have had my own testimony from the Holy Ghost that it is true.  I have a desire to share this blessed knowledge with everyone.  We are so blessed to have a living prophet to guide us in these last days.    Please tune in this weekend.  There are 4 different sessions that you can choose from or you can choose them all.  Even if you tune in out of pure curiosity...do it!!!  You will recieve a pure witness from the Holy Ghost if you ask in faith. Of this I know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment