About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Friday, May 1, 2015

My New Year Theme

I have never been very good at making New Year's resolutions let alone keeping them but I know it's a good thing to set goals and follow through with them.  When I was the Stake Primary President, the Stake Presidency would always come up with a theme for the year for us to give our talks on when we visited the various wards. Well, I decided my year needs a theme. I have really really been struggling the past month with feeling the blues and feeling sorry for myself and our situation and just wishing we could live a normal life like everyone around us seems to be doing. I realize that I have not been enduring my afflictions with very much patience or with very positive thoughts lately.   Last week we all caught a bad case of the flu which nearly did me in with stress, lack of sleep, etc..Anyway,  like I said, I have just been struggling with enduring my trials with patience and staying positive. Part of the reason I have been struggling I believe is because I haven't been doing very good at my part of staying in tune with the spirit. Those Sunday school answers of saying our prayers and reading our scripture and temple attendance really do impact our every day lives. I know for me it makes a huge impact on how I feel inside and out.  It affects my attitude and outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment