About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Friday, October 26, 2012

Think Positive!

I was talking with my Mom today and she told me of something she had recently heard or read that said to basically find something positive about each moment, or hour, or day.  This week has been a little tough because both kids have been sick with fevers and coughing and I've been trying my best to keep them comfortable and meanwhile the house is turned upside down, the laundry is piling up, the dishes are piling, and we've all been cooped up in the house for a whole entire week.  I'm an emotional wreck when my kids are sick.  I worry about things that might happen that never ends up happening but I worry about it anyway just in case it does.  Ha ha!  Seriously!?  So, positive about this week...we all survived!!  LOL!  Today I actually got real clothes on, put make up on, and got to get out and run some errands.  It's amazing what a little makeup and getting dressed can do for my outlook on life.  Ha!  I should do it a little more often...ha ha!  Then I got to talk to a good friend tonight that was much needed therapy.  Thank you Mercedi! 

It is good to try and find the positive in each day or each situation.  I try to think about the many many blessings that we have recieved since Kary's stroke.  There are so many that I couldn't possibly name them all.  It's crazy to think that a trial can be a blessing but this one has been in many different ways.  I definitely would rather it didn't happen but I'm grateful for the things I'm learning and witnessing.  I still have many lessons to learn and I hope that I don't forget the things that I HAVE learned.  I'm reminded of Laman and Lemuel in the Book of Mormon that have many witnesses of the hand of God in their lives and yet they forget them and turn away from Him.  I don't want to be like that.  I want to remember all the miracles and witnesses that I have had in my life that denote that God lives...that He loves us...and that if we let Him; He will direct our lives for good.  He is always there for us if we let Him into our lives. 

Revelations 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and aopen the door, I will bcome in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

I love this scripture because it reminds me that God could open the door himself, but He must be invited in before He can enter.  May we invite Him into our lives each day and our days will seem brighter and finding the positive in our situations will be easier as well because we have HOPE through Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment