About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Reflection: He Knows Me

The past couple of weeks have been kind of a struggle emotionally for me.  I know God loves me and is aware of me as I have had many witnesses in my life to this fact.  I don't really know why the past couple of weeks have been harder than others, but it has.  I have had a thought in my mind for the past couple of weeks of wishing a specific person would be able to come to our home.  When I got the thought I would tell myself to put it out of my mind because there was no way this person would come to our home.  Well, on Thursday night we got a call telling us that this exact person was indeed going to come visit us on Saturday as well as another person.  It was just another witness to me that God knows every thought in our mind and He knows the desires of our hearts.  He loves us so much.  How thankful I am for the visit we had from not only one, but two very special people.  It was an inspired visit and helped buoy not only me up but Kary as well. (Elder Keith Edwards from the Seventy and also President Robert Seger from the Stake presidency)

No comments:

Post a Comment