About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Reflections: Our Hands-His Hands

I have so much in my heart that I don't know how to adequately express to those who have helped us in so many ways since Kary's stroke.  I found this video of a girl who has cerebral palsy and her experience.  The things she expresses are exactly my thoughts.  I could not express them better than she did.  It is a very humbling experience to constantly be on the receiving end of service.  We are ever grateful though because without all of you this earthly experience that we are having right now would be a lot harder.  We pray every day for strength to endure our trials.  God does strengthen us.  One way he does is by sending His earthly angels to minister unto us and help lighten our burdens.  Even if it's a visit from someone, a note, or a phone call or a meal....these little things mean so much to us and truly help lighten our load.  It is nice to know that there are so many people that we can rely on when we truly need it.  Your Hands are His Hands...and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. 

We have felt so blessed through our trials.  We truly hope that we also can be His hands in some small way.  The only way we can truly show our gratitude is by doing what we can to serve others as well.  This is one of my goals this year...to truly give where I can give...serve where I can serve....just do what I can to help others.  I know that when we are in the service of our fellowmen we are in the service of our God.  Thank you to so many people who have served as such examples to me.  I hope to be like you all someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment