About Me

My photo
My husband and I were living the picture perfect life after 5 years of marriage when he was hit with a massive stroke in 2010. He ended up having a craniotomy and was left paralyzed on the left side and legally blind. I was 9 months pregnant at the time with our second child. He was in the hospital for 3 months 4 hours away from us. It has been a roller coaster. Although we never wished this to happen, we have seen so many blessings in our life since his stroke. We are trying to learn all that we must and trying to keep the faith and have a positive attitude. This blog is a place that I can share things that I have learned and continue to learn. You can contact us at kary_sharee@yahoo.com. Read about our experience here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karysmith

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Reflection: What Think Ye of Christ?

In the October 2011 general conference, Elder Dallin H. Oaks began his address by quoting a profoundly important question the Savior asked long ago: “What think ye of Christ?” (Matthew 22:42).
Elder Oaks then declared, “With those same words I ask my fellow Latter-day Saints and other Christians what you really believe about Jesus Christ and what you are doing because of that belief.”
This Christmas season, take time to consider what you believe about Jesus Christ and how that belief shapes your life. You could watch or listen to Elder Oaks’s conference address .

I will quote one of my favorite hymns as it portrays the way I feel about my Savior much more adequately than I could express myself.  It is the words to the song, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" Feel free to watch this video and listen to the beautiful words here

"1. I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
2. He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
3. He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.
4. He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
Text: Samuel Medley, 1738–1799. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835
 

I truly love my Savior. I want to do what is right and follow His commandments. I know that I fall short a lot. Every day. But, I'm so grateful that I'm able to repent and try and do better each day. Jesus told us to love one another as He loves us. Some of my goals are to be more kind, more gentle, less judgemental, and serve others more often.

I love the Christmas season because it is a time that we unite in joyous remembrance of the birth of Jesus Christ . May the Holy Ghost witness to us the truthfulness of His birth and His earthly mission and invite us all to come unto Him and be His true disciples in every word and deed; not just through the Christmas season but every day of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment